We have received many requests of those wanting to experience Japanese Raku, and this 30-day course was made to respond to those requests. You will be creating Raku, a style with deep ties with Japanese tea ceremony, under the guidance of an experienced pottery master.
Those who would like to make Japanese Raku (however prior pottery experience required)
Tour price per 1 person: 219,000 JPY (effective until December 31, 2020)
The price includes:
– Facility/tools use
– Materials (clay, glazes etc)
– Guidance necessary for making Japanese Raku
– Gas/Raku Kiln Use & Firing Fee (Includes Biscuit Firing x1 and Glost Firing x1)
– And Free 29 nights of Accommodation (*You will stay in the room near to the pottery studio.)
The price does NOT include:
– Transportation fee to/from the studio, Meals, Packing service, Delivery service, etc.
Pottery facility: HO-CA [Home of Clay Art] (in Tajimi city, Gifu prefecture) [Web / Photos / Access]
Minimum participants: 1 person
Length of stay: minimum 25 days / maximum 30 days
Request for Customizing:
In addition to our standard plan, we can also customize your stay to better fit your needs, such as reducing it below 30 days. If you have a particular request, let us know by clicking on the button below.
Tour Start Date: Any day.Please tell us your preferred start date. [Current availability]
Booking limit: 30 days prior to the tour start date
– Advance payment of 10% of total tour cost must be deposited within 7 days of receiving a tentative confirmation (Refundable).
– Full payment must be completed 30 days prior to the tour start date.
Payment method we accept: Paypal
Cancellation fee (Based on Japan time):
– 30 days to 15 days prior to the tour start date: 30% of the tour price
– 14 days to 1 day prior to the tour start date: 50% of the tour price
– Cancellation on the tour start date: 100% of the tour price (No refunds)
The pottery master will provide guidance and instructions on making Japanese Raku; however, guidance on general pottery-making will not be provided. Therefore, please note that we do not accept participants without prior pottery experience.
– During your stay, you will use gas kiln for biscuit firing and wood-fired Raku kiln for glost firing.
– Please discuss the timing of firing with the pottery master. There may be a cap on the number and size of your works that can be fired depending on the firing schedule of the pottery master and the other students at the studio.
About the accommodation:
We have two types of room for you to select from. The rooms are located near the pottery studio. Each room is equipped with a bed, small kitchen, fridge and a shower room. Free Wi-Fi available.
– Type A: Located next to the studio. Has two single-sized beds. Shared washing machine and restroom.
– Type B: 5-minute walk from the studio. Has a single-sized bed and a private restroom. Shared washing machine.
About the meals:
You can use the kitchen in your room. The studio owner will tell you where the nearest grocery store is.
The studio owner speaks rudimentary English, but he is well accustomed to taking care of non Japanese people, as they have accepted quite a lot of guests from all over the world.
A Message from the Pottery Owner
Many visitors including pottery artists from across Japan and overseas enjoy taking part in our pottery workshop since we started the workshop in Tajimi, a land of Mino ware.
Our accommodation “Home of Clay art” has been built next to our studio. We are looking forward to your visit, to Japan, and to Tajimi!
Photos of the studio on Flickr
Testimonials about this program / Testimonials about all the programs in Tajimi
Other 30-day Pottery Making Programs in Tajimi
All 30-day Pottery Making Programs